Construction team collaboration
Collaboration in the form of a construction team has gained significant popularity in recent years. By involving Cordeel in the design phase with the client, architect, engineers, and other specialized partners to provide expertise, optimization can be initiated at an early stage on all levels. It is advantageous to involve the right partners (e.g., aluminum carpentry, technicians, etc.) in the pre-construction phase. This minimizes unknown factors and allows us to work towards the target budget. The result is a feasible and executable design. Collaboration in a construction team also allows for considerable optimization in terms of planning, as the construction process has been thoroughly examined and fine-tuned by all partners in advance.
One significant added value is our in-house production departments for precast concrete, metal structures, and wood carpentry, as well as our own warehouse and equipment such as aerial work platforms, telescopic cranes, and tower cranes,...
Because we strongly believe in the added values of construction team collaboration, Cordeel has made significant investments in a study department in recent years. It includes experts in relevant fields: Architecture (architects), Structural Engineering (structural engineers), Building Services (MEP engineers), and market prices (estimators). They enrich your construction team with their knowledge of sustainable materials (reducing CO2 emissions), biobased materials, circularity, disassembly, innovative techniques, energy balance, BREEAM, WELL, GRO, Material Passports, BIM, and more.
Cordeel has extensive experience as a construction team partner. Together with our sister companies, we can contribute, if desired, to:
- Accurate estimation of the required budget and its management during the construction team phase (impact of design changes on the budget).
- Maximum insight into life cycle costs (LCC) and total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Bringing partners (subcontractors/suppliers) to the table to directly incorporate the right information from the market during the design phase.
- Transforming a "traditional" design into a "sustainable" design.
- C-fast prefabricated concrete elements: shorter construction time and cost-effective.
- C-energy: Proposals for advanced energy optimizations.
- Off Site Belgium: Solutions for prefabricated bathroom units.
- C-wood: Supply and installation of high-quality custom-made products.
- C-biotech: Providing solutions for biobased materials (including hemp insulation).
- Using Material Passports (Madaster) in the design phase to estimate the CO2 emissions of the designed building.